The Hoosick Falls Community Alliance Church family loves to welcome visitors into the beautiful space God has provided for us to gather and worship.
We know how hard it can be to walk into a church you have never been in before, so whether you are a seasoned Christian or trying to figure out what this faith thing is all about, whether you are here for a worship service or an outreach event, our prayer is that you will feel right at home.
Here are some things that might be helpful for you to know before you arrive:
- Our worship style is contemporary. This means it is typical for the worship team to play music that may include instruments such as guitars, drums and tamborines. We do, however, treasure traditional hymns, so we also try to incorporate these on occasion.
- We are a multigenerational church, so whether you have a young family or are a "more-seasoned" adult, we believe you will feel right at home.
- How you dress is not as important as the fact that you are here and feel comfortable. It is not uncommon to see some in shorts or jeans, while others, at times, may choose to wear a sport coat or skirt.
- It's OK if circumstances keep you from arriving on time or if you have to leave early. Just come.
- Nursery is available for children through age 3. Children's Church is offered the second and fourth Sundays of the month during the sermon time for children pre-k through grade 5. We offer our teachers the summer off.
- Communion is served on the first Sunday of the month. You do not need to be a member of our church to partake; you just need to belong to God's family (know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior).
- Our worship service is often followed by a time of fellowship. We encourage folks to stay around to get to know each other on a more personal level.
- We offer various ministries you can plug in throughout the week.
- We are proud to say we are affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination.
Stop in and check us out or feel free to call the church at 518-686-3269 if you have any questions.
We look forward to meeting you.